Wednesday 14 June 2017

Love & Gelato


So this summer I have come back to my original blog. For the past 3 years I have been so lucky to get paid to blog for my school. Which is why there hasn't been a post here in such a long time. So I thought this summer I would read as per usual but I will also be writing my reviews on this blog. So the first book of the summer is done and it was pretty good.  








            Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch is an easy summer read. It is about a Washington native named Lina who gets to spend summer at her fathers house in Italy. The twist is, Lina never even knew her father was until her mom died. Her moms dying wish was for Lina to go to Tuscany for the summer to get to know Howard. She is given a journal written by her mom during her stay in Tuscany. It becomes an interesting past-future situation where we jump back and forth trying to figure things out. 


            This fun summer read was finished by my mother and me in only 2 days. We thoroughly enjoyed the new take on a growing up story. The talk of Italy's food, gelato, and scenery made us hungry for our own adventure. The story was somewhat predictable but did not take away from the fun fast paced nature. I wish I could forget the story and reread it all over again. I highly recommend if you need a light- young adult book that will have you craving your own Italian adventure. 

Keep an eye out for my next summer read and review.  





No comments:

Post a Comment